Colleyville, Texas November 13, 2015
During the past several weeks, there has been an increase in residential burglaries in Colleyville, and there are similarities in those burglaries. The incidents occur during the day when homeowners are gone, and the burglar(s) force entry (kick in the back door) to gain access to the home. Please be alert to all activities in your neighborhood and call 911 if you see or hear anything suspicious.
1. Lock your doors and windows
2. Activate home alarm and video surveillance systems
3. Lock gates leading to the backyard
4. Maintain photos and serial numbers of all valuables
5. Keep garage doors closed
6. If you find an intruder in your house, get out of the house, if possible. If not, stay quiet until it’s safe to get to a phone to call 911. If you are unable to speak because you are afraid of making noise, call 911 and leave the phone off the hook.
7. If you come home to find a burglary, do not enter your home. Call 911 immediately. Do not wait to report the burglary and please do not clean up signs of the burglary before police arrive.
8. Be your “brother’s keeper,” and watch out for each other. Be aware of your surroundings, and suspicious people and vehicles. If something or someone looks out of place, immediately call 911 or NETCOM Dispatch at 817.743.4522.