Grapevine, Texas March 6, 2016
MARCH INTO MOVIE FUN AT GRAPEVINE’S HISTORIC PALACE THEATRE
Enjoy a month full of great movies and exciting contests
This March, bring the entire family to see a classic movie at Grapevine’s Historic Palace Theatre, 300 S. Main St. Each movie has a contest with exciting prizes so make sure to enjoy these fun events.
The March movies and contests include:
- March 4 – “The Wizard of Oz” (Rated PG), 7:30 p.m. Wear a costume resembling your favorite Wizard of Oz character and receive a free small popcorn. One winner will receive the “Best Costume” award which includes a family night at the movies for up to four guests. Costume judging begins at 7:15 p.m.
- March 5 – “Pirates of the Caribbean – Curse of the Black Pearl” (Rated PG-13), 7:30 p.m. Wear a costume resembling your favorite Pirates of the Caribbean character and receive a free small popcorn. One winner will receive the “Best Costume” award which includes a Davy Jones Treasure Chest. Costume judging begins at 7:15 p.m.
- March 11 – “Bend It Like Beckham” (Rated PG-13), 7:30 p.m. Wear your favorite soccer team jersey and receive a free small popcorn. The team with the most players in attendance will receive a free movie pass for each player. Jersey counts begin at 7:15 p.m.
- March 18 – “The Goonies” (Rated PG), 7:30 p.m. Join the Palace Movie Club (or show your current membership card) and receive an extra stamp.
- March 19 – “The Breakfast Club” (Rated R), 7:30 p.m. Join the Palace Movie Club (or show your current membership card) and receive an extra stamp.
- March 25 – “Miss Congeniality” Rated (PG-13), 7:30 p.m. Describe your date in 200 words or less. The winner will receive a Date Night Palace Theatre package for two guests. Send your entries to email@example.com. Entries must be received by 5 p.m. on March 18. Submissions will be read to audience in attendance.
- March 26 – “Austin Powers International Man of Mystery” (Rated PG-13), 7:30 p.m. Experience the Austin Powers Lookalike Contest! All entries receive a free small popcorn. The Best Costume wins dinner for two at a restaurant on Grapevine’s Historic Main Street. Judging begins at 7:15 p.m.
Tickets are $6 per person. For more information about Grapevine’s Historic Palace Theatre or to purchase tickets, call 817-410-3100 or visit www.Palace-Theatre.com.
AUTHOR SHAY SHULL TO HOLD BOOK SIGNING AT MERRY’S ON MAIN IN GRAPEVINE MONDAY, MARCH 21
On Monday, March 21, Author Shay Shull will be signing her new cookbooks, “Mix & Match Cakes” and “Mix & Match Meal Planner” at Merry’s On Main in Historic Downtown Grapevine. The book signing event will take place from 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Shull, a North Texas Native and foodie blogger, loves to make suppertime simple by creating fun recipes for each season. Her goal is to have home cooks enjoy their time in the kitchen without the stress of complicated recipes.
On her blog MixandMatchMama.blogspot.com, Shull writes about motherhood, adoption, world travel, holidays and organization. You can follow Shull on her blog, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Shull lives with her husband Andrew and their three children in McKinney, TX.
Merry’s On Main is located at 309 S. Main St. in Grapevine, across from the Palace Theatre. Books will be available for purchase at the event. Merry’s On Main is open Monday – Saturday from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. For additional information about Merry’s On Main, call 817-329-1431.
Sweeten Up Your Weekend at Grapevine’s 12th Annual ChocolateFest April 15 and 16
Enjoy Chocolate Fun Benefitting Travelers Aid Dallas/Fort Worth
GRAPEVINE, TEXAS (March 4, 2016) – Sweeten up your weekend and make plans to attend Grapevine’s 12th Annual ChocolateFest April 15 and 16! Discover all the sweets and delicious treats you desire during the two days of fun-filled chocolate fun. From truffles to Bundt cakes, barks and bars, you’re sure to find the perfect sweet treat.
Kick-off your weekend on Friday, April 15 with An Evening of Chocolate and Wine at the Grapevine Convention Center, 1209 S. Main St., Grapevine. From 7 – 10 p.m., sample your way through delicious chocolate creations from some of the premier chocolate makers in North Texas, complemented by premium wines, delectable hors d’oeuvres and live music by Robert Holbert and Mirage. Tickets are $50 per person advance purchase and $55 per person at the door. Guests must be 21 years and up. Admission includes wine and chocolate tastings, hors d’oeuvres, live music, a souvenir wine glass and participation in a silent auction.
Following Friday’s sweet evening, chocolate lovers of all ages will celebrate sweet treats at A Day of Chocolate and Art on Saturday, April 16, at the Grapevine Convention Center. Sessions begin on the hour from 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Each adult and senior guest may select 10 samples and each guest under the age of seven may select five samples. Children’s activities will also be featured, along with the People’s Choice Contest. Tickets may be purchased in advance or at the door, and are $15 for adults, $12 for seniors (60+) and $5 for children ages seven and under.
As a prelude to ChocolateFest, on Friday, April 15, search for the golden ticket with Charlie Bucket in “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,” 7:30 p.m at Grapevine’s Historic Palace Theatre, 300 S. Main St. Two Golden Tickets will each be hidden in a $1 bucket of popcorn. Each lucky winner who finds a Golden Ticket will win two tickets to A Day of Chocolate and Art. Movie admission is $6.
The 12th Annual Chocolate Fest is sponsored by the Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau and American Airlines Federal Credit Union. For additional information or to purchase tickets, please visit www.chocolatefestgrapevine.org.For additional information about Grapevine, please call the Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau at 817-410-3185 or visit www.GrapevineTexasUSA.com.