Grapevine, Texas December 10,2016
Experience seasonal family-friendly fun at more than 1,400 events in 40-plus days
Create lifetime Christmas memories in Grapevine, the Christmas Capital of Texas! With more than 1,400 events in 40-plus days, Grapevine’s charming Christmas setting makes the city the must-visit Texas destination of the season. Enjoy Texas’ largest ICE! event, snowtubing, Scuba Diving Santa, North Pole Express® on the Grapevine Vintage Railroad, millions of magical lights, enormous decorations, Christmas photo opportunities and more that perfectly capture the spirit of Christmas in Grapevine. Make plans now to join the more than one million guests that visit Grapevine’s Christmas Capital of Texas each year at these exciting Christmas events and activities.
- Illuminate Your Season at Gaylord Texan Resort’s Lone Star Christmas Featuring ICE! and Santa’s Wild Workshop Snowtubing – Beginning November 10, 2016 – January 1, 2017, Gaylord Texan Resort’s 13th annual Lone Star Christmas event is a must-see experience. Guests will marvel at dozens of lavish holiday displays including more than 2 million twinkling lights and larger-than-life decorations. Enjoy ICE! featuring Santa Claus is Comin’ To Town, Cookies & Milk with Mrs. Claus, The Elf on the Shelf® Scavenger Hunt and other holiday events to get you in the spirit of the season. The beautiful ice sculptures are hand-carved by a team of forty remarkably talented master ice artisans from Harbin, China and feature magical holiday scenes, brilliant characters, an “On the Blocks” ice bar (21 & up) and five two-story-tall ice slides. The 14,000-square-foot attraction is kept at a wintry 9 degrees and the resort will provide complimentary parkas for both adults and kids. Additional fun activities include Glacier Glide Ice Skating Rink, Santa’s Wild Workshop Snow Tubing, Gingerbread Decorating Corner and Rudolph’s Holly Jolly Breakfast. Visit ChristmasAtGaylordTexan.com for times and tickets. November 10, 2016 – January 1, 2017.
- Experience Christmas Joy on the North Pole Express® – Ride the rails aboard Grapevine’s North Pole Express! Board the beautifully decorated Grapevine Vintage Railroad’s Victorian rail coaches and begin your journey to the North Pole. As the train arrives at Reindeer Ridge, Mrs. Claus boards the train and presents each child a “We Believe” silver Santa bell. After the train arrives at the North Pole, guests walk along the snowy Christmas Tree trail as they enter Santa’s workshop, where a cast of elves and Santa’s helpers are busily fulfilling Santa’s toy requests. Finally, Santa arrives and wishes everyone a Merry Christmas and then shares his Frosty Chocolate Snow Milk served in Santa’s special memory mug. Families will also receive a voucher for a complimentary Family Photo with Santa. Limit one per family. Tickets for the North Pole Express are $25 for ages 13 months and older and are on sale now. Advance purchase recommended as tickets are selling out quickly. November 25, 26 and 27 and December 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23.
- Have a Bricktacular Holiday at LEGOLAND® Discovery Center and Dive Into Action at SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium – Don’t miss your chance to meet LEGO® Santa at LEGOLAND Discovery Center’s Holiday Bricktacular December 10, 11, 17 and 18. Guests can write their own letter to Santa and post it in the LEGOLAND Discovery Center mailbox. Test your skills and enter the holiday themed build challenge and more! And at SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium, find out if you’ve been naughty or nice when Scuba Diving Santa returns! Dives take place at 11:30 a.m. December 10, 11, 17 and 18.
- Celebrate Snowland at Great Wolf Lodge – Celebrate the season with a visit to the Northwoods at Grapevine’s Great Wolf Lodge! During Snowland, guests at this family-friendly resort will experience the 84-degree indoor waterpark, the largest indoor waterpark in Texas, along with special visits from Santa, North Pole University activities, a life-size Gingerbread House, Santa’s Letter-writing Depot, daily Polar Wolf Walk, Great Clock Tower show, nightly Snowland-themed Story Time and much more. And don’t forget the daily indoor snowfall – right in the lobby! November 26, 2016 – January 1, 2017.
- Meet Captain Christmas – Meet Captain Christmas, Grapevine’s new talking reindeer. He loves to greet visitors and have his picture taken with your family in the Christmas Capital of Texas. He will even share an amazing Grapevine Christmas story. November 25, 2016 – January 1, 2017.
- Shop for Perfect Presents – Make your list, check it twice and shop for all those who are naughty and nice in Grapevine! With shopping options for every taste and budget, you’ll be sure to find a little something for yourself, too.
- Visit Historic Downtown Grapevine’s more than 80 locally-owned shops, boutiques, jewelry stores, winery tasting rooms, home décor, collectibles and more! Stores such as Good Things For All Seasons, Crowned by Grace, Chic Boutique, Bermuda Gold & Silver, Grapevine Olive Oil Company, Ooh La La, One Posh Place, and many more will delight even the most seasoned shopper! Or, visit the wineries along Grapevine’s Urban Wine Trail to purchase a tasty gift.
- Shop ‘til you drop at Grapevine Mills! From opening at 6 p.m. – 1 a.m. on Thanksgiving night (hours are 6 a.m. – 9 p.m. on Friday, November 25) to a variety of exciting holiday events, Grapevine Mills offers even the most dedicated shopper a holiday paradise. The 1.7 million square feet of shopping euphoria includes spots such as Coach Factory, Disney Outlet, Express, J. Crew, Gap, Gymboree, Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, Neiman Marcus Last Call and many more! Special Santa events include Santa’s arrival at his brand new home located near Converse, Saturday, November 5; Caring Santa (Available for children with disabilities who prefer a calm and less crowed Santa experience), Sunday, December 4, 9:30 a.m. – 11 a.m; Breakfast with Santa at Rainforest Café, December 10, 17, 18 , 23, 8 a.m. – 10 a.m.; and the New Years Eve bash on December 31 from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. (reservations required 972-539-5001) and Pet Photos with Santa, Sunday, December 11, 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Put the spirit of the outdoors in your Christmas season at Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World. Santa arrives on November 12. Experience Santa’s Wonderland November 12 – December 24, and see model trains and free crafts weekly.
- And shopping traditionalists will love Grapevine Towne Center, home to brands such as Target, Ross Dress for Less, Haltom’s Jewelers and more.
- Step Up to the Bar for Sweet Chocolate Holiday Cheer – Sip some seasonal fun at Sue’s Chocolate Hot Chocolate Bar and Happy Hour this Christmas. From 3 p.m. – 6 p.m., the aroma of delicious, hand-crafted hot chocolates lingers in the air, inviting even the most discriminating palate. The Hot Chocolate Barista serves cups of Old Fashioned Hot Chocolate made with top quality European cocoa and customized with your favorite flavorings and toppings. Choose from peppermint, cinnamon, chili, marshmallows, pumpkin pie spice or even extra chocolate. And don’t forget, Dr. Sue’s Chocolate exists to inspire people to a more healthy lifestyle. 417 S. Main St. November 21 – December 23. $4 per person.
- Enjoy Christmas for Grownups Aboard the Christmas Wine Trains – Hop aboard the Grapevine Vintage Railroad’s Christmas Wine Trains, featuring a Grapevine winery. A delicious, traditional Christmas boxed dinner will be included. Additional wine will be available for purchase. Tickets are $45 per person. Purchase your tickets early as these train experiences sell out quickly. Riders must be 21 and over. Boarding begins at 6:30 p.m. All train excursions depart at 7 p.m. and return at approximately 9 p.m.
- On December 1, board the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards Christmas Wine Train. This excursion features the western flair of the Fort Worth Stockyards combined with the holiday backdrop of Grapevine’s Christmas Wine Train. This celebratory event is perfect for you and your sweetheart, best friends or co-workers to enjoy a celebratory night of Christmas fun. This train departs from and returns to the Fort Worth Stockyards.
- On December 8 and 15, excursions depart from the Grapevine Cotton Belt Depot. Enjoy an exciting excursion for you and your besties aboard this favorite seasonal event. Make sure to plan some time to enjoy the more than one million lights throughout Historic Dowtown Grapevine before your excursion departs or after you return.
- Tap Your Toes to the Traditional Christmas Music at the Palace Theatre – Don’t miss all your traditional musical favorites at Grapevine’s Historic Palace Theatre! All ages will love sharing in all the seasonal fun at this beloved venue.
- The Texas Tenors – Back for an amazing sixth year in a row, The Texas Tenors perform classic Christmas music to opera to country favorites, all with a Texas twist. See for yourself why The Texas Tenors are one of the most popular groups in the history of America’s Got Talent. Get your tickets now as these shows sell out fast! Tickets $30. Tuesday, December 13, 7:30 p.m.; Wednesday, December 14, 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.; Thursday, December 15, 7:30 p.m.; Friday, December 16, 7:30 p.m. and Saturday, December 17, 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. For more information, call 817-410-3100.
“An Elvis Hometown Christmas with Kraig Parker and The Royal Tribute Band” – It’s time to put on your blue suede shoes and tap your toes to the Christmas sounds of “The King.” This annual holiday tradition features some of Elvis’ most beloved songs performed by the amazingly talented Kraig Parker. Tickets start at $25. December 4 at 4 p.m.
- “A Merry Little Christmas Show with Ricki Derek” – Crooner Ricki Derek is bringing his one-of-a-kind show, A Merry Little Christmas, to the Palace Theatre stage for the third time. This fun-filled holiday musical combines the vibe of the Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra Christmas television specials with the energy and excitement of a 21st-century live show. Ricki and the Ho, Ho, Ho Orchestra will have your toes tappin’ and you singing along with a drink in your hand and a smile on your face. Tickets start at $25. December 11 at 8 p.m.
- Classic Christmas Movies – See classic Christmas movies this season at Grapevine’s Historic Palace Theater. Tickets $6. Movies include “A Christmas Carol,” December 2 at 7 p.m.; “White Christmas,” December 12 and 22, 7 p.m. and December 19 and 21 at 2 p.m.; “It’s A Wonderful Life,” December 18, 19, 20, 21 and 23, 7 p.m. and Dec. 20 at 2 p.m.; “A Christmas Story,” December 6, 7 p.m.; and the double feature of “A Charlie Brown Christmas” and “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” December 22 and 23 at 2 p.m.
- Texas Harmony Chorus – Hear the special sounds of the Texas Harmony Chorus performing “Three Weeks Before Christmas.” This all-female a cappella chorus in the greater Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex is comprised of educators, homemakers, business owners, and professional women sharing the joy of singing with friends. The chorus is under the direction of Master Director, and internationally-known coach, Darlene Rogers. Tickets $20 for adults, children 12 and under and seniors, $15. December 3 at 7:30 p.m.
- “Dear Dancer, Come Home” presented by Dance Axiom –With only one week until Christmas Eve, Dancer the reindeer escaped the North Pole Stables. After observing different cultures celebrate Christmas through dance, Dancer is found in Grapevine, the Christmas Capital of Texas. Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 ages 12 and under. December 7 and 8, 7 p.m.
- “An All Star Country Christmas” presented by i2i Records – Unwrap Santa’s gift of an All Star Country Christmas and discover great country music, Christmas carols and gospel favorites by some of the best artists in North Texas. This high-energy show is a night of Christmas fun for the whole family. Tickets $25 and up. Friday, December 9, 7:30 p.m.
- “A Grapevine Opry Christmas” presented by Rocky Gribble – Whether your favorite Christmas songs are steeped in country class, 50s rock ‘n roll or anything in between, you’re sure to have an unforgettable evening of seasonal celebration. These favorite songs will be performed by the artists and musicians who made the Grapevine Opry a special place to be during the most wonderful time of the year. Tickets $25. Saturday, December 10, 7:30 p.m.
- Learn About a Historic Christmas on the Grape Vine Prairie – Experience a Texas heritage Christmas at Nash Farm’s Victorian Christmas. Learn about the beginnings of many of our current holiday traditions, as well as make a Victorian ornament. Docents guide guests through the farmhouse and the Farm. Tours will begin at the pole barn, with hot cider and cookies, to the front door of the farmhouse, through the parlor, bedroom, dining room and kitchen, then outside by the burning yule log and back to the pole barn. $3 per person. December 3, 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Have a Hometown Holiday at the Settlement to City Museums – Experience Christmas festivities like the earliest Grapevine residents through pioneer and Victorian era crafts, activities, and stories. Create and mail your own Grapevine-themed Hometown Holiday greeting card, construct Victorian-era decorations, and enjoy a bit of history in the Christmas Capital of Texas. November 21- December 31. 208 W. Hudgins St.
- See Christmas Parades on Land and Water – Whether you’re a fan of parades on land or water, Grapevine is the place to be this holiday season
- On December 1 at 7 p.m., see more than 100 lighted floats and marching bands in the Parade of Lights. This year’s theme is Christmas Characters. This annual tradition welcomes thousands of visitors each year so come early to claim your spot along Main Street. Free.
- And for water parade fun, see the beautiful Twinkle Light Boat Parade with watercrafts decorated in all of the finest sparkling lights to celebrate the season, beginning at Twin Coves Marina and picking up entries at each marina including Scott’s Landing and Silver Lake. The
parade is visible from the shores of Lake Grapevine and the Glass Cactus Nightclub at Gaylord Texan Resort. December 3, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. Free.
- Hear Songs of the Season at the Carol of Lights – See Grapevine’s Mayor William D. Tate flip the switch and transform Historic Downtown Grapevine into the Christmas Capital of Texas® at the Carol of Lights. The city becomes illuminated with more than one million lights along Main Street in Historic Downtown Grapevine and guests will enjoy musical performances, fireworks and hot chocolate will be available. Come early to have your picture taken with live reindeer in front of the Town Square Gazebo from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. Free. November 21 at 7 p.m.
- Sparkle at the Magic of Christmas Light Show – Sparkle and shine at the Magic of Christmas Light Show. Located at the corner of Main Street and Dallas Road, this beloved light show is approximately 20 minutes in length and runs continuously from 6 p.m. – 11 p.m. nightly. November 22 – January 8, 2017.
- Have a Flavorful Season in Grapevine – Refresh and renew yourself with delicious dishes at one of Grapevine’s more than 200 restaurants, serving a variety of cuisines at prices to fit a range of budgets. Or, stop by one of Grapevine’s urban wineries for a glass of wine and a snack before merrily continuing your Christmas Capital of Texas experience.
- “Unseasonable Greedings” to You and Your Family this Holiday Season – At the Texas Star Dinner Theater, all Marshall Jim Courtright wanted to do was to go home and sit by the fire waiting for Santa to arrive when the greedy owner of the new mega market, Newman Marcus Saks V, was murdered! Could it have been the town toymaker Faye O’Schwartz who terminated his tenure as town tyrant with her Little Tykes tools? Maybe local animal rights activist Francis A. Seesee trampled him with elk. Or were they reindeer? Did local madam, Anita D. Light, wish that he have a deadly downfall? Maybe it was the Alone Stranger who rode into town with real danger. Help Marshal Courtright find out who’s been naughty and who’s been nice. Tickets $59. November 18, 19, 25 and 26. December 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, 18, 22, 23, 29 and 30.
- Shop Local at the Christmas Farmers Market –Shop at the Grapevine Christmas Farmers Market featuring flavorful and fresh local produce, baked goods, local cheeses, nuts, gift baskets and more at
the Town Square Gazebo. Open 1 p.m. – 9 p.m., November 25, 26 and 27 and December 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23.
- Check Out the Fun at Christmas on Main – Step back in time this season at Christmas on Main and the beautiful backdrop of the Victorian-style buildings dressed up with ribbons, bows and wreaths and set aglow with twinkling lights. Climb aboard a tractor-drawn wagon ride behind the Town Square Gazebo, 325 S. Main St. The ride will take you through the seasonally decorated historic neighborhoods on the east side of Main Street. Tractor-drawn wagon rides are $1 per person. November 25, 26 and 27 and December 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 16, 17 and 18. Fridays, 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.; Saturdays, Noon – 5 p.m. and Sundays, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
HOLIDAY HOTEL PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE. For additional information, please contact the Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau at 800-457-6338 or 817-410-3185 or visit