Colleyville, Texas, March 2017
Click Here to see LNO stories in March 2007
- Mar 1 Tornadoes swarm across the southern United States, killing at least 20; eight of the deaths were at a high school in Enterprise, Alabama.
- Mar 1 “Squatters” are evicted from Ungdomshuset in Copenhagen, Denmark, provoking the March 2007 Denmark Riots.
- Mar 2 38th NAACP Image Awards: “The Pursuit of Happyness” wins Outstanding Motion Picture
- Mar 4 Estonian parliamentary election: approximately 30,000 voters take advantage of electronic voting in Estonia, world’s 1st nationwide vote where part of the vote casting allowed by remote electronic voting
- Mar 6 Former White House aide I. Lewis Libby, Jr. is found guilty on four of five counts of perjury and obstruction of justice trial.
- Mar 7 British House of Commons votes to make the upper chamber, the House of Lords, 100% elected. (yet to be implemented – 2014)
- Mar 9 The US Justice Department releases an internal audit that found that the Federal Bureau of Investigation had acted illegally in its use of the USA Patriot Act to secretly obtain personal information about US citizens.
- Mar 10 28th Big East Men’s Basketball Tournament: Georgetown beats Pittsburgh, 65-42
- Mar 11 54th ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament: #8 North Carolina beats NC State, 89-80
- Mar 11 48th SEC Men’s Basketball Tournament: Florida beats Arkansas, 77-56
- Mar 23 Burnley Tunnel catastrophe occurs in Melbourne, Australia.
- Mar 23 Iranian Navy seize Royal Navy personnel in Iraqi waters.