Colleyville, Texas October 10, 2015
With flu season quickly approaching, Market Street’s pharmacies in DFW are now offering a variety of Influenza vaccination options. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), it takes approximately two weeks after vaccination for protection to set in, so pharmacists are recommending guests be vaccinated as soon as possible.
Guests can find the following flu vaccine options at their local Market Street pharmacy:
- Fluzone Quadrivalent: Offers protection for four types of the flu virus. Suitable for ages six months and older. $30 without insurance.
- Fluzone High-Dose: Formulated to offer better protection for ages 65 and older. Covered by Medicare and $58 without insurance.
- Flubblok: Protection for those allergic to eggs or preservatives and serves as a high-dose protection (three times the potency of a regular flu shot). Flubblok is a pure form of the vaccine, which makes it 36 percent better at preventing the flu, as opposed to the regular flu vaccine. Indicated for ages 18 years and older. $61 without insurance.
- Influenza Virus Vaccine Fluvirin: Flu protection at a lower cost point and covers three strains of the flu virus. Suitable for age four and older. $25 without insurance.
- FluMist Quadrivalent: Flu protection without the needle. This nasal spray is for non-pregnant, healthy people ages 2-49 years. $30 without insurance.
Additionally, MyRx members will receive $5 off vaccinations at any of the six Market Street locations with pharmacies in the Metrolplex.