Berlin, Germany (21st December 2018)
A breakdown of the cities that host the most numerous and best casinos worldwide
Las Vegas, USA, unsurprisingly tops the list with an annual revenue of 159 billion USD and 76 casinos, more than 3 times any other city.
- Monte Carlo, Monaco, ranks last. The city may host 6 casinos, but has relatively few bars, pubs and nightclubs.
- Los Angeles, USA, ranks 2nd overall, with over 4,000 slot machines in its largest casino, San Manuel Indian Bingo.
– Experts at Kafe Rocks have released the Ultimate Casino Capital Ranking to uncover gambling havens around the globe and help holidaymakers place their bets on the destination best for them.
The Ultimate Casino Capital Ranking includes multi-layered criteria, from the national gambling industry to a city-level breakdown of casinos, hotels, and bars, to reveal top travel destinations for both the high-rollers and budget-seekers looking to secure the jackpot.
A total of 30 cities have been analysed worldwide, and ranked according to the number of casinos, revenue of the largest casino, slot machines and table games, tourism and entertainment activities, and the largest grand-prize payout. These were then standardised to create the final ranking of the world’s top gambling destinations.
“Gambling is a holiday phenomenon that’s on the rise, and with such vast numbers of casinos and destinations to choose from, it’s important to make sense of the bright lights and big numbers before booking your ideal getaway. At Kafe Rocks, our mission is to guide gamblers and bring transparency to the industry where it’s needed ” says Thomas Schiffer, Business Developer at Kafe Rocks.
The world’s top 10 gambling destinations, along with a sample of factors, are revealed in the table below. To review the full results: https://casinocountdown.com/casinos/casino-capitals-award/
|Top Casino||Revenue of Top Casino (USD)||Hotels (city)||Rank|
|USA||Las Vegas||76||Caesars Palace Casino||2 billion||2422||1|
|USA||Los Angeles||10||San Manuel Indian Bingo & Casino||90 million||5009||2|
|Australia||Melbourne||5||Crown Casino||1.5 billion||4233||3|
|Canada||Toronto||6||Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort||705 million||2346||4|
|USA||Atlantic City||12||Borgata||796 million||180||5|
|Australia||Sydney||4||The Star||2 billion||5600||6|
|Canada||Montreal||5||Casino de Montreal||364 million||2132||7|
|UK||London||19||Aspers Stratford Casino||79 million||21683||8|
|Germany||Berlin||17||Berlin Casino||49 million||4361||9|
|Singapore||Singapore||4||Marina Bay Sands Casino||3 billion||1280||10|
The full results of the study can be found here: https://casinocountdown.com/casinos/casino-capitals-award/
- The largest Casino in Las Vegas, Caesars Palace, has an annual revenue of over 2 billion USD.
- London has the highest number of hotels out of the top 10, almost 22,000, twice as many as Barcelona, second highest for hotels, with 11,000.
- Melbourne, Australia, is in third place, securing its position thanks to its Crown Casino, the largest of the casinos included in the study. The Crown Casino may not be the largest casino in the world, but out of the casinos with the highest revenue, it has the largest surface area.
- With a total size of 980,000 square meters, the Chinese Venetian Macao is considered the largest casino in the world. However, it is a complex hotel resort with a shopping centre, theatre and event arena with 15,000 seats. The casino with the highest annual turnover in Macau, China, is the Wynn Macau Casino – 2 billion USD.
- Ibiza, Spain, is in 28th place. The annual revenue of its largest casino, Casino de Ibiza, is 8.4 million USD, the lowest out of the top 30 and 259 times smaller than the annual revenue of Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, USA.
- Monte Carlo, Monaco, is last place in the ranking. The city may have more than 400,000 slot machines and a gambling revenue of over 220 million USD, but performs particularly poorly for tourism and entertainment.
- The USA has almost 900,000 slot machines across the country, with over 4,800 in Foxwoods Casino in Ledyard, Connecticut, alone.
- Barcelona, Spain, ranks 15th. The city has the 7th highest number of tourists out of the ranking and an abundance of slot machines, hotels, bars, and restaurants. But Barcelona performs poorly for table games, and has a comparatively low highest jackpot from its top casino.
- Lima, Peru, ranks 21st, with 20 casinos across the city. With an online gambling license and almost 90,000 slot machines across the country, Peru makes 773 million USD in annual revenue from the gambling industry.
If you would like more information about this press release that is not available on the landing page, please contact the email address below.