With Tax Day looming and Americans still figuring out the new tax code, WalletHub today released its 2019 Taxpayer Survey as well as its yearly Tax Rates by State report and accompanying videos in order to help people better understand this confusing time of year. You can find highlights from both below, followed by the full list of WalletHub’s 2019 taxpayer resources.
2019 Taxpayer Survey
- Fewer than 4 in 10 people are happy with President Trump’s tax reforms. 70% think they benefit the rich more than the middle class.
- 89% of people think the government currently does not spend their tax dollars wisely.
- 31% of people say making a math mistake is their biggest Tax Day fear, edging out not having enough money (28%) at the top of the list.
- 36% of people would move to a different country for a tax-free future. 24% would get an “IRS” tattoo and 15% would take a vow of celibacy.
|States with the Lowest Tax Rates||States with the Highest Tax Rates|
WalletHub’s 2019 Taxpayer Resources
- What To Do If You Can’t Pay
- Pros & Cons Of Paying With Credit
- Tax Scams & Tips for Avoiding Them
- Last-Minute Tax Tips
- Property Taxes by State